Rules & Terms:
You must fully comply with these Entry Rules & Regulations, including all deadlines, film length, entry material and other requirements.
1. All non-English speaking films must be presented in their original version with English subtitles.
2. Short Film Entries should not exceed 30 minutes in duration excluding titles provided the titles don’t last for more than 2 extra minutes.
3. Films previously entered into and screened at our festival are not eligible for re-entry in subsequent years.
4. All submissions are screened and evaluated by the ECA Preview and Selection Committees, appointed by the festival steering committee. Their reports are final and confidential. All films received, which meet our criteria, will be screened at the festival in our Distributed Cinemas.
5. In the event of a film being withdrawn, ECA will not be liable to refund the fee or return the materials entered.
6. The ECA is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
7. Each film has to be submitted to at least one main category, then they qualify for additional fee categories.
8. ECA will attempt to resolve any technical matter related to the submission. For more information and queries, contact us.
How long is a short/feature film?
Films under 30 minutes are considered short films & over are features.
How are the films selected for the festival?
Films submitted to the festival are reviewed by our selection team, which evaluates each film, looking for the best thematic and well-produced films.
When you accept submissions?
We are accepting submissions year round with monthly deadlines. Please read our submission guidelines carefully before submitting.